[Setup] Re: version error during /bin/buildout

Michael Hierweck team at edv-serviceteam.net
Sun Mar 16 14:30:28 UTC 2008

Hi Martin,

Martin Aspeli wrote:

> Can you find out which version of setuptools you have in the global
> python install? There should be a setuptools-<version> directory/file in
> /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages. Look for the specific version.

I had no time to supply all information (full logs etc.). But the Debian
Etch versions of the the related packages are:

$ apt-cache policy python2.4
python2.4:
  Installed: 2.4.4-3
  Candidate: 2.4.4-3
  Version table:
 *** 2.4.4-3 0
        990 ftp://ftp.de.debian.org stable/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

$ apt-cache policy python-setuptools
python-setuptools:
  Installed: 0.6c3-3
  Candidate: 0.6c3-3
  Version table:
 *** 0.6c3-3 0
        990 ftp://ftp.de.debian.org stable/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

$ apt-cache policy python-pastescript
python-pastescript:
  Installed: 1.0-1
  Candidate: 1.0-1
  Version table:
 *** 1.0-1 0
        990 ftp://ftp.de.debian.org stable/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

There is no ZopeSkel package available in Etch so I used to install it
locally to $HOME/lib/python2.4/site-packages.

Thanks,

Michael