[Setup] Re: version error during /bin/buildout

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Sat Mar 15 00:26:25 UTC 2008

Gary Koskenmaki wrote:

> Just out of curiousity, since you ran into the same problem I did, were
> you able to find .installed.cfg on your system after the failed
> buildout?  It was not generated on my system, but has been generated on
> 3 other identical buildouts I did using Etch a few months back.

Just to clarify: .installed.cfg is created by buildout after a
successful buildout. It's used to work out whether parts need to be
updated or installed clean, and to keep track of the working set of eggs
during a particular install so that when you run in -N mode it doesn't
try to download newer packages.

If your buildout failed the first time, then you wouldn't have had one.

Are you actually failing to create a "fresh" buildout from the
unmodified template?

Martin