[Setup] Moving Plone Site via Plone web interface

plone_user2k8 suhan at givex.com
Wed Jun 18 13:23:10 UTC 2008

Hello Every one,

I have been given the responsibility to manage my company's Knowledge base
contents which is running on Zope/Plone. I am a complete newbie and I have
been learning as I use Plone/Zope.

I want to move our KB site to a new server. I have read about 'rsync',
moving the 'data.fs' file as well as moving the /Products folder.

I would like to know if there is a way I can migrate the site to a new
server using the plone site setup option or through ZMI, without moving the
files and folders separately.

So I am sure all the files folders and links have been moved successfully.

Thank You.