[Setup] Copying one folder from one Plone server to another one

albieback alberto at alopes.com
Mon Jun 16 20:39:39 UTC 2008

Dear fellas,

I have two servers with identical Plone 3.1.2 installations on both of them.
I want to copy an entire folder (and only that folder) from server A to
server B. We can assume that I am going to have the same userbase in both of
them and same set of Products (and same versions). If that makes it easier,
I could also assume use of only standard content types (although I would
like to know what difference that would make supposing I have the same
installation on both servers)

I checked the docs but couldn't find a simple tool for migrations like that.
I saw some how-tos on how to backup entire sites or how to develop an script
to migrate a specialized Content Type, but I just need something like a move
this folder and everything below to that site.

Can anybody help me?

Best regards,

Albie