[Setup] difference between 'buildout' and the XP Installer

LKB lori.brown at ertcorp.com
Mon Jun 9 20:37:02 UTC 2008

So the Windows XP installer is NOT the "Unified Installer"??

I am testing a locally installed copy of Plone to see if it will work for
what my team is trying to achieve. It is a prototype. But if I were to
implement a 'real installation' of the product, I would I suppose work with
IT to get it installed with buildout.

But I still don't understand what buildout is or does that MAKES IT the
preferred method. Again, what am I gettin' by doing it this way, and why
does it matter?

Please?