[Setup] Re: difference between 'buildout' and the XP Installer

Dale dewittdale at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 22:13:38 UTC 2008

If you use linux http://plone.org/documentation/tutorial/installing-plone-3-with-the-unified-installer/tutorial-all-pages
"The Unified Installer now uses buildout to configure Plone instances,
which makes it much easier for you to control add-ons and upgrade your
Plone installation." (smcmahon)  From the plone documentation
http://plone.org/documentation/tutorial/buildout/understanding-buildout.cfg

The windows installation:  http://plone.org/documentation/how-to/buildout-using-windows-installer
Obviously windows isn't as popular.  buildout is the preferred way.