[Setup] Installing Plone on Windows XP

LKB lori.brown at ertcorp.com
Mon Jun 2 16:53:30 UTC 2008

Deb --

When I tried adding /plone to the URL, I got a browser containing the
following cryptic text:

<Products.Five.metaclass.Plone object at 0x06022F70>

Great.

I am getting close to writing this product off, particularly given the
vaporware nature of the documentation. There is a lot of documentation, but
very little of the very basic, very specific, "here is how to set this up
and get started from the most basic level" type information.

I could be persuaded not to bail if I could get more information,
particularly from someone who is more experienced than us flailing newbies.
Sigh.