[Setup] Installing Plone on Windows XP

deb193 daniel.bontempo at oregonstate.edu
Mon Jun 2 16:28:41 UTC 2008

LKB wrote:

> Ok, I tried turning off my existing (prePlone) Apache server, and then I
> used the Plone Controller to say "Start Plone", and then clicked on the
> button "View Plone..." and THEN I got this page called Zope QuickStart. Is
> this progress? I can't even tell. Should I be able to see some kind of
> very basic Plone instance? If so, how do I get there?

A novice myself, but I do think/agree that Apache and Zope were in
contention for port :80

IF you are not getting to Zope, I think you could add /Plone to the URL and
get to the plone site. When I ran the Plone3.0 installer, it did something
to redirect any requests to the root (Zope) to the default Plone instance in
/Plone. Sounds like you do not have this. (It caused some other problems
anyway when I tried to have multiple Plone instances onthe one Zope
instance.)