[Setup] Re: How should I install LinguaPlone on Plone 3.1.3

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Wed Jul 30 20:04:05 UTC 2008

francoise, on 2008-07-30:

> Hi,
>
> I do not understand how I should install LinguaPlone 2.2 I saw on Cheese
> Shop on Plone 3.1.3.
>
> I would like to use Buildout as recommended, but I tried to put the
> following lines to buildout.cfg but the archive is decompressed under
> zinstance/parts/productdistros and Zope does not see it
>
> [productdistros]
> recipe = plone.recipe.distros
> urls =
>
> http://pypi.python.org/packages/source/P/Products.LinguaPlone/Products.LinguaPlone-2.2.tar.gz

This tar ball is a python egg, even though it ends with '.tar.gz' and
not with '.egg'.  So  what you do is, you add 'Products.LinguaPlone'
to the eggs parameter of your buildout.  So near the top you would
have something like:

[buildout]
(... skipped some lines...)
eggs =
    elementtree
    Products.LinguaPlone

Since it is in the 'Products' namespace this is all you have to do.
Run bin/buildout again and you should be good to go.

BTW, the workaround you mentioned in your second post should work too,
but it is not recommended as it needs a manual step.

            Work | http://zestsoftware.nl/