[Setup] Buildout file permissions wrong?

Steve McMahon steve at dcn.org
Wed Jul 30 17:34:58 UTC 2008

Hi Jim,

I've checked the Unified Installer's install.sh, and it does set the umask
correctly. Is there any chance that your /opt isn't world-readable?

By the way, I hadn't noticed the "-R" flag in your chmod. That is going to
result in permissions that are too loose, and would allow anyone with shell
access to read the initial password and the database.

Steve

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 1:13 AM, JimL <jim.leek at eng.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

> Thanks Steve,
>
> It's okay for all files to be world readable then?
>
> At the moment I'm only on a development box, so I wasn't too worried about
> setting the permissions to world readable, but I'm sure in a production
> environment some files should not be (e.g. adminPassword.txt)
>
> Sorry to be pedantic.
>
> Cheers,  Jim

Steve McMahon
Reid-McMahon, LLC