[Setup] Installing ZMySQLDA in Plone 3.1.3 with Buildout

francoise fcodvpt at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 12:35:29 UTC 2008

Hi,

I tried to install an old-style product ZMySQLDA with Buildout as following

I have :
 - added MySQL-Python egg which is needed by ZMySQLDA in the egg list of the
buildout section
 - added the URL of the ZMySQLDA archive in the productdistros section

[buildout]

 eggs =
   elementtree
   FeedParser
   MySQL-Python

[productdistros]
recipe = plone.recipe.distros
urls =

http://www.zope.org/Members/adustman/Products/ZMySQLDA/2.0.8/ZMySQLDA-2.0.8.tar.gz

nested-packages =
version-suffix-packages =

I have executed ./bin/buildout -N

No problem with MySQL-Python but ZMySQLDA has been installed in
zinstance/parts/productdistros/lib/python/Products/ZMySQLDA/ and it was not
working in Zope (My Z MySQL Database Connection was broken)

I found a "woraround" that is adding a zmysqlda section :

[zmysqlda]
recipe = cns.recipe.zmysqlda

Thus ZMySQLDA is installed in zinstance/products and it works.

But is it the right way of doing ? Why simply adding the archive URL does
not work ?

If I execute "find . -name "Products" -print", I have the following
directories :

./zinstance/parts/zope2/skel/Products
./zinstance/parts/zope2/lib/python/Products
./zinstance/parts/zope2/lib/python/build/temp.linux-i686-2.4/Products
./zinstance/parts/productdistros/lib/python/Products
./zinstance/parts/instance/Products

to which I must add ./zinstance/products :confused:

What should go where ?

Thanks