[Setup] Buildout file permissions wrong?

JimL jim.leek at eng.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jul 29 10:23:17 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have built Plone using buildout on Solaris 10 (sparc) as root.

Two parts in my buildout.cfg file are "unifiedinstaller" (to generate the
startup scripts) and "chown" (supposedly to set correct permissions for my
root install):

[chown]
# This recipe is used to set permissions -- and ownership for root mode
installs
recipe = plone.recipe.command
command =
    chmod 600 .installed.cfg
    touch ${buildout:directory}/var/log/zeoserver.log
    find ${buildout:directory} -type d -name var -exec chown -R
${client1:effective-user} \{\} \;
    find ${buildout:directory} -type d -name LC_MESSAGES -exec chown -R
${client1:effective-user} \{\} \;
    find ${buildout:directory} -name runzope -exec chown
${client1:effective-user} \{\} \;
update-command = ${chown:command}

[unifiedinstaller]
recipe = plone.recipe.unifiedinstaller
user = ${client1:user}
primary-port = ${client1:http-address}

However, when I attempt to start the server using my startcluster.sh it
won't start. I've tracked this down to file permissions (if I set the whole
Plone directory to world readable - (chmod -R a+rx /opt/Plone) the server
starts fine).

Does anyone know the correct permissions I should use in my buildout?

Cheers,  Jim