[Setup] Migration MacOSX 10.4 (PPC) to MacOSX 10.5 (Intel)

phbusson busson at llr.in2p3.fr
Sat Jul 26 11:01:53 UTC 2008

Bonjour,

I run Plone 2.5.1 on a PowerBook 15 with Mac OS X Tiger (10.4) installed.
My PowerBook machine broke and I have now a MacBook with Mac OS X
Leopard (10.5) installed. So I was forced to change both the architecture
(from PowerPC to Intel) and OS version (Tiger 10.4 to Leopard 10.5,
the installer forcing me  installing Leopard on my new machine).

I regularly backup my stuff before my machine broke (zexp files as well
as Data.fs file) and I have the backup files on a disk.

What would be the best procedure to recover from this situation ?

    Regards
--
Philippe BUSSON