[Setup] Customizing ftp login for members

Sebastian Schoeller sebastian.schoeller at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 10:20:02 UTC 2008

Hi there,

wonderful product Plone and Zope, although I am only scratching the
surface. Thanks to all contributors.

I am looking for ways to customize the member login for ftp access.
The ftp daemon is working and I can access as 'Member' user, but login
results in the root directory of my Plone installation. My question
now whether it is possible to rerout the 'Member' users to their
member folder directly after login. This would be very helpful indeed,
since they do not have to change directory to 'Members/<user>' and
thus don't notice about the sites content structure.

I would be grateful for any advice. Best wishes from Darmstadt / Germany

Sebastian