[Setup] Re: LDAP Authentication - Slows down Plone Drastically

Aruna Kahiriya aruna at cignex.com
Tue Jul 8 10:42:13 UTC 2008

Hello:
Please keep all conversation through this group, as it will be useful for
future reference if any body needs same kind of help.
Now answering how to configure the cache for LDAP, by default there will be
RAMCache object on ZMI of your plone site.

Set Maximum age of a cache entry (seconds) and Cleanup interval (seconds) or
keep it default as per your requirement. If changes on LDAP server are not
frequent (and it will not), you can keep it bigger.
If you choose to modify, make sure that RAMCache is not being used anywhere
else on your site. If that is the case then you can create another such
object by selecting RAM Cache Manager from drop down on ZMI and configure
it.

Now go to acl_user\yourLDAPObject and click on "cache" (last tab) and select
the configured RAMCache object. You can use one RAMCache object to set
caching for more than one object.

Good Luck,
Aruna Kathiriya
CIGNEX