[Setup] Re: How to install a branch with buildout

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Thu Jul 3 20:48:33 UTC 2008

na servus, on 2008-07-03:

> Maurits van Rees-3 wrote:
>>
>> na servus, on 2008-07-03:
>>>
>>> I want to install CalendarX for Plone 3.1.2. A Plone 3 compatible version
>>> exists as a branch under
>>> https://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/CalendarX/branches/plone-3-compatibility/
>>> .
>>> Which definition must be made in a buildout.cfg to install a branch with
>>> buildout?
>>>
>>> Na Servus
>>
>> You can add a section in buildout.cfg like this:
>>
>> [productcheckouts]
>> recipe = infrae.subversion
>> urls =
>>     <svn url to branch> <name of the product>
>>
>> and hook that section up in some other parts of buildout.cfg.  So
>> something like:

>> [buildout]
>>
>> parts =
>>     productcheckouts
>>
>> [instance]
>> products =
>>     ${productcheckouts:location}
>>
>> [productcheckouts]
>> recipe = infrae.subversion
>> urls =
>>
>> https://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/CalendarX/branches/plone-3-compatibility/
>> CalendarX
>> # ^^^ This should be on one line
>
> I get an error:
> -->
> An internal errer occured due to a bug in either zc.buildout or in a recipe
> being used:
>
> AtributeError:
> 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'endswith'
><---

I do not get this error.  This buildout.cfg works for me:

http://paste.plone.org/22330

To get a better idea of what goes wrong, it can help to tell buildout
to be more verbose:

  bin/buildout -vvv

You can also tell buildout to put you in a python prompt (pdb)
whenever something goes wrong and investigate there:

  bin/buildout -D

> As I see CalendarX isn't an EGG

Correct.

            Work | http://zestsoftware.nl/