[Setup] Adding AccessRule to Windows buildout install

TenorClef 2008 at tenorclef.org
Wed Jul 2 18:48:21 UTC 2008

OK. I know this is a common issues for Windows users, but I couldn't find a
resolution.

I installed Plone on Windows XP, first using the standalone installer, then
following the buildout instructions to create a separate Zope/Plone
instance/site.

As stated in the access rule FAQ
(http://plone.org/documentation/faq/accessrule), the standalone Windows
installer binds to port 80 for the Plone root and port 8080 for the Zope
Management Interface root. This is controlled via the accessRule.py that
exists in the Zope root.

If I start the Plone created by the Windows installer, I can access the
Plone website via http://localhost. However, if I start the Plone created
with buildout, I can only access it via http://localhost:8080/Plone (where
"Plone" is the ID of my Plone site).

I tried to add accessRule.py to the Zope root using "Set Access Rule", but
received an error message. Do I have to add an External Method or is there
some other trick to getting it to work? I attempted to add an External
Method, but ended up with the double "\Plone\Plone" setup, which I resolved
by removing/recreating the Plone created via buildout.

Thanks in advance for your help.