[Setup] Plone 3.0.1 portlet puzzle

Jack_In_The_Bag jfernandez at spacebag.com
Thu Jan 24 01:02:50 UTC 2008

Alright,

Seems like no one wanted to tackle this one.  A shame, but we have come up
with a solution.  It seems that something in the old 2.5.2 portlets was
still hanging around in the column definitions.  The way we cleaned up this
situation was to remove all portlets from one of the columns, save settings,
enter "manage portlets" again, add some in and voila!  After this, you've
got to do it for the other side.

One cool thing about portlets is that you can make News, Events and Recent
Items in multiple states of workflow show up.  By default only those that
are in Published state appear.  You can use the control or shift keys to
select more than one state on their configuration pages, though.

All in all I learned quite a bit more about Plone architecture, which is not
a bad thing.

Have fun everyone, and keep it sloppy.

Jack