[Setup] OracleStorage requirment

Patty123 pratapthakare at hsbc.co.in
Fri Jan 18 13:53:38 UTC 2008

Martin Aspeli wrote:

> Patty123 wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> I am trying to migrate my plone data from Data.fs to Oracle.
>>

> Why? If you are after a manipulatable, properly relational data model for
> *all* your Zope/Plone data, then that ain't going to happen. It's possible
> to store the contents of Data.fs in Oracle (or Postgres) rather than a
> file, which may give some different performance and resilience
> characteristics, but for the vast majority of cases, this is more trouble
> than it's worth.
>
> Martin

Thanks Martin for your quick response.
Yeah what you are pointing out is right. but due to backup,storage and
replication issues we want ot use Oracle.
So how do we store data.fs contain in Oracle? Does that mean I can just
delete the Data.fs files for var folder and my zope.conf will point to
oracle DB using "oracleStorage".
Does it is must of using oraclestorage in zope so as to use any oracle
Adapter to connect to Oracle.
I am somewhat confuse on use of OracleStorage may be due to non
availablility of proper information anywhere.
Anyone inpputs on this will be really appreciated.

Rgds
Patty