[Setup] OracleStorage requirment

Patty123 pratapthakare at hsbc.co.in
Fri Jan 18 13:30:45 UTC 2008

Hi,
I am trying to migrate my plone data from Data.fs to Oracle. While Exploring
I found that there are certain Adapters to do that:
DCOracle2(Free)
ZXOracleDA(Free)
mxcODBC(Commercial). I tried with DCOracle2,installed it and was able to
creat conneciton object and was able to connect to my Oracle DB. But I am
facing problem when I want my plone to look for Oracle rather than data.fs.
What I explored and find that in zope.conf we have fileStorage which is
basically for Data.fs[zodb data], and if I have to use Oracle storage and
wants to point to Oracle DB I have to use OracleStorage.

I have 2 Questions here:

1. But there is not much info on OracleStorage, Can anyone tell how to
provide oralestorage
configuaration in zope.conf.
2. Does it require OracleStorage to connect to oracle storage through any
oracle storage Adpater I might use(ZXOracle,DCoracleDA) .

Anybody with some inputs on this issue will be really appreciated. And its
Urgent.
Thanking you in anticipation.

Rgds
Patty.