[Setup] Plone + LDAP

Clemens Steinkogler clemens.steinkogler at ontec.at
Wed Jan 16 12:14:20 UTC 2008

I installed Plone 3.0.5 on my Debian machine with LDAP/ActiveDirectoy-support
and authenticating with my Microsoft ActiveDirectory (on another server ;)
account is working. I also mapped a group where I'm user of to the "Manager"
role. But if I login again on my site I can't edit or add a page. So for
example: How can I assign my useraccount/group the same rights like the
"admin"-account?
Where are howtos for this issue?

It's really a pitty that there is no really good LDAP howto that is covering
such things. I had to search really long before I found what I needed only
to add this feature but it seems that I can't find documentations for
further configuring.

I beg for help. Has anybody configured Plone with AD?