[Setup] Data Recovery

Terry Corbet tcorbet at ix.netcom.com
Sat Jan 12 02:22:17 UTC 2008

01.  Larry, your expertise is appreciated almost as much as your
conscientious reading and replying.
02.  The old installation, based on 2.5.1, as well as the new one, based on
2.5.5 have good path names that avoid spaces.
03.  The old Data.fs -- indeed the entire contents of the old ..\Data\var
directory are intact.
04.  The first 'gotcha' is that we have no good record of what third-party
Products were installed, but my recollection is that none of them would have
related to the management of the database.  If it is known that it is
essential to reconstitute the Plone/Zope environment, I guess I will have to
try to work through identifying what those Products were, where I found
them, and whether or not they still have versions that will work at 2.5.5.
05.  Doing all the things you suggested -- except trying to reconstitute
Plone/Zope -- I have captured some additional diagnostic information that I
will happily supply if you, or anyone believes that they can find the key
problem -- it's only about 22KB, but I won't trouble the forum if the
contents are not helpful.   To the extent that I understand how to read it,
it does suggest that some missing Product might be the problem:
========Last Three Lines ==============
* Module Products.CMFCore.Expression, line 44, in __call__
    * Module Products.PageTemplates.ZRPythonExpr, line 47, in __call__
      __traceback_info__: portal.portal_cc.isCCType(object.portal_type) and
portal.portal_cc.isCCObject("--".join(object.getPhysicalPath()))
    * Module Python expression
"portal.portal_cc.isCCType(object.portal_type) and
portal.portal_cc.isCCObject("--".join(object.getPhysicalPath()))", line 1,
in <expression>
========Last Three Lines ==============