[Setup] plone 3.05 and plone.app.portlets 1.05....

grahamperrin G.J.Perrin at bton.ac.uk
Thu Jan 10 14:33:33 UTC 2008

jcfinet wrote:
> error when dowloading plone.app.portlets 1.05, and after that no way to
> view my plone site although ping and telnet were OK. I have a server
> error....
> So I tried to install manually this package, it is in the egg folder but
> nothing to do.

If you remove the one egg relating to the product, then restart, your view
of the Plone site should be restored.

So, firstable, how to install correctly a package (it seems I did that
wrongly)

At <http://plone.org/documentation/tutorial/third-party-products> the
tutorial page 'Installing an Add-on Product' was recently updated to cover
eggs.

and secondly what's wrong with this update ?

I can't guess, but the Live Chat area is a good place to ask a question and
wait (with patience; the questions are not always seen immediately by those
with relevant knowledge) for an answer.

Wherever you seek an answer to the question "what's wrong" you may expect to
be asked for additional information.

Best regards
Graham