[Setup] problem upgrading CacheFu

John DeStefano john.destefano at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 01:27:04 UTC 2008

On Jan 7, 2008 8:04 PM, Ricardo Newbery <ric at digitalmarbles.com> wrote:

> On Jan 7, 2008, at 4:03 PM, John DeStefano wrote:
>
> > Thank you, Ric.  After removing all the crufty skin layers (there were
> > nine of them!) and following your pointers to modify the existing
> > CacheFu scripts, I have it installed without crashing the site on
> > view.
> >
> > I now get a strange error "name 'allow_tabbing' is not defined" when
> > trying to access the Cache Configuration Tool:
> > http://paste.plone.org/18887
> >
> > But getting past the installation errors was a big step in the
> > right direction.
> >
> > Thank you,
> > ~John
> >
> Gee, you're really hitting all the bugs, aren't you.
Unfortunately, that seems to be my forté.

> This is another
> known one, fixed in the svn trunk.
> http://plone.org/products/cachefu/issues/118

I've applied these patches, and that seems to have solved all for me.
Thanks again for your outstanding insight and feedback.

BTW, this seems like a great time to ask you, and anyone else with
relevant thoughts, for feedback on this post:
http://www.nabble.com/dealing-with-default-site-objects-after-upgrades-to14624381s15482.html

It would have been great to get an idea beforehand, and seems like a
possible FAQ or document in the making ...

Thanks,
~John