[Setup] problem upgrading CacheFu

John DeStefano john.destefano at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 21:24:38 UTC 2008

On Jan 7, 2008 3:48 PM, Ricardo Newbery <ric at digitalmarbles.com> wrote:

> On Jan 7, 2008, at 12:04 PM, John DeStefano wrote:
>
> > Ric, many thanks for your calling the bug to my attention. More
> > below ...
> >
> > On Jan 7, 2008 2:17 PM, Ricardo Newbery <ric at digitalmarbles.com>
> > wrote:

> >> Yes, this is a known bug that occasionally shows up during some
> >> migrations.
> >>
> >> http://plone.org/products/cachefu/issues/92
> >
> > Thanks.  I wish *I* had known about it before now!  I've very glad to
> > get word of it from you.
> >
> >> At the moment, I know of two possible fixes:
> >>
> >> CMFSquidTool:
> >> see http://dev.plone.org/collective/changeset/53973
> >>
> >> CacheSetup/Extensions/utils.py:
> >> comment out line 82 "cache_tool.unindexObject()"
> >>
> >> Either fix should work but no rigorous testing has been done yet.
> >>

> > I've played with commenting-out the line in utils.py, or updating the
> > two CMFSquidTool scripts, or both, and this seems to generate a new
> > but related error:
> > http://paste.plone.org/18875
> >
> > As soon as I remove the four product directories and restart Zope, the
> > error is eliminated and the site is viewable again.  Otherwise, I
> > can't seem to get past the error.
> >

> That error is unrelated.  It's telling you that
> "portal_cache_settings" is missing.  I'm guessing you removed it
> manually?  Don't do that.

Yes, I did remove it, when I was deleting caching objects from the
site root in hopes of resolving this earlier.  But it does seem
related, at least remotely, as when the CacheFu directories aren't in
Products, this error doesn't occur.

> It's probably best now to install CacheFu from scratch.  Since
> portal_cache_settings has been deleted there really isn't anything to
> migrate anymore.  I'm guessing you might have to first remove the
> cachesetup layer from your skin list.  Or maybe try removing the old
> CacheFu cruft via portal_quickinstaller using the ZMI (to bypass the
> skin stuff).

I see in /portal_skins/manage_propertiesForm that products I had long
deleted have left their cruft in the Plone Default skin Layers list.
And when I try to remove the cache layers and click Save (or even
click Save without changing anything), an exception is thrown: "Name
not found: LanguageToolFlags".

Also tried removing the products from portal_quickinstaller, and then
re-adding the directories, but that failed with the error that seems
related:
http://paste.plone.org/18884