[Setup] problem upgrading CacheFu

Ricardo Newbery ric at digitalmarbles.com
Mon Jan 7 20:48:26 UTC 2008

On Jan 7, 2008, at 12:04 PM, John DeStefano wrote:

> Ric, many thanks for your calling the bug to my attention. More
> below ...
>
> On Jan 7, 2008 2:17 PM, Ricardo Newbery <ric at digitalmarbles.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Jan 7, 2008, at 10:11 AM, deesto wrote:
>>

>>> I've just migrated a v2.5.5 Plone site to v3.0.4.  The v2 site had
>>> CacheFu
>>> and its component installed, and a caching tool implemented at the
>>> site
>>> root.  I have added the latest version of CacheFu's (1.1) component
>>> folders
>>> to the Products directory of the upgraded instance.
>>>
>>> When I browse to "Add/Remove Products", I can easily install
>>> "CMFSquidTool
>>> 1.3.2", and "CacheSetup 1.0.2" is displayed in "Installed Products"
>>> with the
>>> message " This product has been upgraded. Filesystem version is 1.1.
>>> Reinstall:".  But when I click the CacheSetup re-install button, an
>>> error is
>>> generated:
>>> 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get'
>>> http://paste.plone.org/18874
>>>
>>> I've tried removing the existing caching objects at the site root
>>> and then
>>> installing the caching product, rebuilding the site catalog and then
>>> installing, even removing the caching product directories entirely,
>>> rebuilding the catalog, and then re-adding the product directories.
>>> Regardless of what I try, if the directories exist in Products, I
>>> get errors
>>> that prevent the site from being viewed.
>>>

>> Yes, this is a known bug that occasionally shows up during some
>> migrations.
>>
>> http://plone.org/products/cachefu/issues/92
>
> Thanks.  I wish *I* had known about it before now!  I've very glad to
> get word of it from you.
>
>> At the moment, I know of two possible fixes:
>>
>> CMFSquidTool:
>> see http://dev.plone.org/collective/changeset/53973
>>
>> CacheSetup/Extensions/utils.py:
>> comment out line 82 "cache_tool.unindexObject()"
>>
>> Either fix should work but no rigorous testing has been done yet.
>>

> I've played with commenting-out the line in utils.py, or updating the
> two CMFSquidTool scripts, or both, and this seems to generate a new
> but related error:
> http://paste.plone.org/18875
>
> As soon as I remove the four product directories and restart Zope, the
> error is eliminated and the site is viewable again.  Otherwise, I
> can't seem to get past the error.

That error is unrelated.  It's telling you that
"portal_cache_settings" is missing.  I'm guessing you removed it
manually?  Don't do that.

It's probably best now to install CacheFu from scratch.  Since
portal_cache_settings has been deleted there really isn't anything to
migrate anymore.  I'm guessing you might have to first remove the
cachesetup layer from your skin list.  Or maybe try removing the old
CacheFu cruft via portal_quickinstaller using the ZMI (to bypass the
skin stuff).

Ric