[Setup] problem upgrading CacheFu

John DeStefano john.destefano at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 20:04:15 UTC 2008


Ric, many thanks for your calling the bug to my attention. More below ...

On Jan 7, 2008 2:17 PM, Ricardo Newbery <ric at digitalmarbles.com> wrote:
>
> On Jan 7, 2008, at 10:11 AM, deesto wrote:
>
> >
> > I've just migrated a v2.5.5 Plone site to v3.0.4.  The v2 site had
> > CacheFu
> > and its component installed, and a caching tool implemented at the
> > site
> > root.  I have added the latest version of CacheFu's (1.1) component
> > folders
> > to the Products directory of the upgraded instance.
> >
> > When I browse to "Add/Remove Products", I can easily install
> > "CMFSquidTool
> > 1.3.2", and "CacheSetup 1.0.2" is displayed in "Installed Products"
> > with the
> > message " This product has been upgraded. Filesystem version is 1.1.
> > Reinstall:".  But when I click the CacheSetup re-install button, an
> > error is
> > generated:
> > 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get'
> > http://paste.plone.org/18874
> >
> > I've tried removing the existing caching objects at the site root
> > and then
> > installing the caching product, rebuilding the site catalog and then
> > installing, even removing the caching product directories entirely,
> > rebuilding the catalog, and then re-adding the product directories.
> > Regardless of what I try, if the directories exist in Products, I
> > get errors
> > that prevent the site from being viewed.
> >
>
>
> Yes, this is a known bug that occasionally shows up during some
> migrations.
>
> http://plone.org/products/cachefu/issues/92

Thanks.  I wish *I* had known about it before now!  I've very glad to
get word of it from you.

> At the moment, I know of two possible fixes:
>
> CMFSquidTool:
> see http://dev.plone.org/collective/changeset/53973
>
> CacheSetup/Extensions/utils.py:
> comment out line 82 "cache_tool.unindexObject()"
>
> Either fix should work but no rigorous testing has been done yet.
>

I've played with commenting-out the line in utils.py, or updating the
two CMFSquidTool scripts, or both, and this seems to generate a new
but related error:
http://paste.plone.org/18875

As soon as I remove the four product directories and restart Zope, the
error is eliminated and the site is viewable again.  Otherwise, I
can't seem to get past the error.

Thank you,
~John



More information about the Setup mailing list