[Setup] problem upgrading CacheFu

Ricardo Newbery ric at digitalmarbles.com
Mon Jan 7 19:17:07 UTC 2008

On Jan 7, 2008, at 10:11 AM, deesto wrote:

> I've just migrated a v2.5.5 Plone site to v3.0.4.  The v2 site had
> CacheFu
> and its component installed, and a caching tool implemented at the
> site
> root.  I have added the latest version of CacheFu's (1.1) component
> folders
> to the Products directory of the upgraded instance.
>
> When I browse to "Add/Remove Products", I can easily install
> "CMFSquidTool
> 1.3.2", and "CacheSetup 1.0.2" is displayed in "Installed Products"
> with the
> message " This product has been upgraded. Filesystem version is 1.1.
> Reinstall:".  But when I click the CacheSetup re-install button, an
> error is
> generated:
> 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get'
> http://paste.plone.org/18874
>
> I've tried removing the existing caching objects at the site root
> and then
> installing the caching product, rebuilding the site catalog and then
> installing, even removing the caching product directories entirely,
> rebuilding the catalog, and then re-adding the product directories.
> Regardless of what I try, if the directories exist in Products, I
> get errors
> that prevent the site from being viewed.

Yes, this is a known bug that occasionally shows up during some
migrations.

http://plone.org/products/cachefu/issues/92

At the moment, I know of two possible fixes:

CMFSquidTool:
see http://dev.plone.org/collective/changeset/53973

CacheSetup/Extensions/utils.py:
comment out line 82 "cache_tool.unindexObject()"

Either fix should work but no rigorous testing has been done yet.

Ric