[Setup] problem upgrading CacheFu

deesto john.destefano at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 18:11:38 UTC 2008

I've just migrated a v2.5.5 Plone site to v3.0.4.  The v2 site had CacheFu
and its component installed, and a caching tool implemented at the site
root.  I have added the latest version of CacheFu's (1.1) component folders
to the Products directory of the upgraded instance.

When I browse to "Add/Remove Products", I can easily install "CMFSquidTool
1.3.2", and "CacheSetup 1.0.2" is displayed in "Installed Products" with the
message " This product has been upgraded. Filesystem version is 1.1.
Reinstall:".  But when I click the CacheSetup re-install button, an error is
generated:
'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get'
http://paste.plone.org/18874

I've tried removing the existing caching objects at the site root and then
installing the caching product, rebuilding the site catalog and then
installing, even removing the caching product directories entirely,
rebuilding the catalog, and then re-adding the product directories.
Regardless of what I try, if the directories exist in Products, I get errors
that prevent the site from being viewed.