[Setup] PATH problem in Windows Plone 3.0.4 install

deb193 daniel.bontempo at oregonstate.edu
Thu Jan 3 19:01:52 UTC 2008

After doing a plain vanilla install of Plone 3.0.4 on our Windows XP box, and
letting the installer make all the choices, I had trouble running python
from the command line.

(stuff about Python and PATH deleted. The PATH was from a piror installation
of Plone - mystery solved.)

BUt, Plone was put under 'Program FIles' directory by default, and 'Plone
3', and some scripts like the generator in DIYPloneStyle are intolorant of
spaces in path names.

Should we have used something outside of program files? Are there security
issues placing things in directories directly off the root?

Any help appreciated