[Setup] PATH problem in Windows Plone 3.0.4 install

Bontempo, Daniel Daniel.Bontempo at oregonstate.edu
Thu Jan 3 18:34:55 UTC 2008

After doing a plain vanilla install of Plone 3.0.4 on our Windows XP
box, and letting the installer make all the choices, I had trouble
running python from the command line.

I found that the PATH used '/Plone/' instead of '/Plone 3/'. I manually
modified the PATH to use ''/Plone 3/' and solved the problem.

Is this a problem with the installer, or did I miss some important
option or switch?

Also Plone was put under 'Program Files' directory, and some scripts
like the generator in DIYPloneStyle are intolerant of spaces in path
names.

Should we have used something outside of program files? Are there
security issues placing things in directories directly off the root?

Any help appreciated