[Setup] install add-on products with easy_install and zc.buildout

Steve McMahon steve at dcn.org
Fri Feb 29 16:24:36 UTC 2008

You nearly certainly need to add a ZCML slug file to tell Zope about
your new Python package. See
http://plone.org/documentation/tutorial/third-party-products/installing
for instructions. There may also be instructions in a README for the
product.

> If I want to install it with zc.buildout,how could I do and how could I
> install zc.buildout first?

The easiest way to do this would probably be to use the new Unified
Installer Plus Buildout, available at:

https://launchpad.net/plone/3.0/3.0.6/+download/Plone-3.0.6-UnifiedInstallerBuildout-beta4.tar.gz

This is a new version of the Unified Installer, and is likely to be
the mainstream installer for Plone 3.1.