[Setup] Re: Upgrade from 2.1.2 to 3.0.5

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Fri Feb 15 21:10:58 UTC 2008

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 07:31:41 -0800, TomTiger
<Fritz.Wittwer at swisscom.com> wrote:

> Well, I have two products Faqlator ond zwiki (zwiki ist not used). I have
> installed them undere 3.0.5 but this makes no difference.
> I could imagine to have a problem with the users and permissions, I
> played
> around with it bit some time ago, there might be a leftover from then.
>
> Is there a way to export just part of a site and import it into another
> site? i dont care uch about the users and the FAQs as long as i would be
> able to move over the other content.

Yes, there is. The easiest way is to upgrade your software, put in the old
Data.fs and then create a new Plone site in the root of your Zope instance.

Then use cut/paste (*not* copy!) to copy over the objects and retain
modification dates, workflow states, etc.

Since you're going from Plone 2.1.x to 3.0.x, there's no CMF-to-Archetypes
migration required, so this should work.

Let us know how it goes.

--
Alexander Limi · http://limi.net