[Setup] Assigning role to group

ysusanto yoel.ade at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 08:39:48 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I am using Plone 3.0.5 and PloneLDAP.

I've managed to create local group and put members into it. I can search my
ldap users and assign them to the group.

What i can't do is assigning my custom roles to that group. for example.

I created a group called HRD, I put HR staff to that group. I have a role
named HRDRole.
I would like to give that role to HRD group.
At the /acl_users/portal_role_manager, i can only assign user to roles. I
can't assign group to that role.

I hope someone can help me with this. desperately need this to work.

Thanks before for any responses.

Cheers,
Joel