[Setup] Re: Upgrade to Plone 2.5 (from 2.1) changed forms

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Mon Feb 11 23:52:51 UTC 2008

On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 14:38:40 -0800, Sue Kientz
<sue at geodynamics.org> wrote:

> http://www.geodynamics.org/cig/workinggroups/short/workshops/cfem-08/
> registration/
>
> Now as you see, no one can submit it because the fill boxes are
> missing. Is this a known bug or have we lost the capability to
> create  forms with pages and need some plug-in (I see several
> touted)? Thanks for any help!

Plone has always filtered out HTML that is a security risk (which form
elements most definitely are). The easiest and best way to fix this for
now is to create a Page Template object in that location, with the content
of the current page, so it isn't filtered. Longer-term, you should
consider using something like PloneFormGen to create these types of forms.

--
Alexander Limi · http://limi.net