[Setup] Buildout problems on Vista

aknoerig andre.knoerig at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 11:04:10 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I tried to follow the installation instructions as described in Martin's
book and hit some roadblocks.
The first ones I could get around by installing Python as well as MinGW into
directories that contained no spaces.
But now I'm stuck running the buildout. It gets quite far, up to the point
where it tries to download and unpack the Plone old-style products:

---------
  [...]
  Getting distribution for 'five.localsitemanager==0.3'.
  Got five.localsitemanager 0.3.
  Getting distribution for 'python-openid>=2.0.0,<2.0.999'.
  warning: no files found matching 'README' under directory 'examples'
  warning: no files found matching 'dhpriv' under directory 'openid\test'
  warning: no files found matching 'n2b64' under directory 'openid\test'
  zip_safe flag not set; analyzing archive contents...
  Got python-openid 2.0.1.
  While:
    Installing plone.

  An internal error occured due to a bug in either zc.buildout or in a
  recipe being used:

  OSError:
  [Errno 13] Permission denied:
'C:\\Users\\andre\\Zope\\test\\downloads\\GenericSetup-1.3.3.tgz'

In the downloads folder I can see the GenericSetup-1.3.3.tgz file, but it
has 0 bytes. I am running the command prompt with admin rights, so I don't
see why there should be problems with permissions.

I am grateful for any advice, or somebody who experiences the same.

Best,
andre