[Setup] ARFilePreview 2.2.0-pre2

grahamperrin G.J.Perrin at bton.ac.uk
Sat Feb 9 04:28:16 UTC 2008

malibu_44 wrote:
> I have ARFilePreview 2.2.0-pre2  installed as an add-on in Plone. But
> after that, I am not sure how to make it work.

 1. get AROfficeTransforms <http://plone.org/products/arofficetransforms>,
highlight

>> uses external transforms

 2. install the converters required by AROfficeTransforms

-- <https://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/AROfficeTransforms/trunk/INSTALL>
lists the binaries that are required for the types of transform associated
with AROfficeTransforms

 3. install AROfficeTransforms

-- if the AROfficeTransforms product is displayed by Plone control panel,
but fails to install, then

  a. check that you have installed the binaries required for transform

  b. check that the environment used by Plone-related processes can find the
binaries (set the path)

 4. install ARFilePreview

 5. add a transformable file to your Plone site

 6. the view of the added file will default to an ARFilePreview view.

What's previewed is:

 * the result of a transform.

In some circumstances: addition of a _new_ file does not lead to transform.
See for example
<http://plone4artists.org/products/ploneflashupload/ploneflashupload-issues/23>

Also, _existing_ files are not transformed. See for example
<http://plone.org/products/arofficetransforms/issues/11>

For wv (and its wvhtml binary) there is a long list of dependencies. If on
Mac OS X, you may find MacPorts the simplest route to their installation.

(List readers, please correct me if I'm wrong - thanks.)

Regards
Graham