[Setup] CacheFu problems

deesto john.destefano at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 16:01:47 UTC 2008

I had a bunch of problems moving my 2.5.5 instance to 3.0.5 with CacheFu, and
I thought I'd fought through most of them.  I reported a possible
"AttributeError: portal_type" bug [1], and now I've got another problem: I
can't access the Cache Configuration Tool or any of its tabs without Plone
throwing an error, such as "Module Products.CacheSetup.content.cache_tool,
line 168, in getActivePolicyVocabulary" [2].

In addition, attempts to uninstall CacheFu (hoping for an uninstall and a
clean re-install) result in an error:

Traceback (innermost last):
  Module <string>, line 4, in _facade
  Module AccessControl.requestmethod, line 64, in _curried
  Module Products.CMFQuickInstallerTool.QuickInstallerTool, line 600, in
uninstallProducts
  Module Products.CMFQuickInstallerTool.InstalledProduct, line 272, in
uninstall
  Module Products.ExternalMethod.ExternalMethod, line 231, in __call__
   - __traceback_info__: ((<PloneSite at /racf>,), {'reinstall': False},
(False,))
  Module
/var/plone/zeocluster/client1/Products/CacheSetup/Extensions/Install.py,
line 75, in uninstall
  Module <string>, line 4, in _facade
  Module AccessControl.requestmethod, line 64, in _curried
  Module Products.CMFQuickInstallerTool.QuickInstallerTool, line 600, in
uninstallProducts
  Module Products.CMFQuickInstallerTool.InstalledProduct, line 282, in
uninstall
  Module Products.CMFQuickInstallerTool.InstalledProduct, line 297, in
_cascadeRemove
AttributeError: types

Please help me to get past these errors and get CacheFu working again?

Thanks,
~John

[1] http://plone.org/products/cachefu/issues/119
[2] http://paste.plone.org/19336