[Setup] Installing Python modules with Unified Installer: Deb. Etch

Jupiter2 jameslunn at iinet.net.au
Sun Feb 3 21:52:44 UTC 2008

Am trying to get ldap authentication (after installing using the Universal
Installer on Debian Etch)
Am at the point of installing ldap module into python under /opt
Have tried instructions here:

http://plone.org/documentation/faq/how-do-i-install-python-modules-to-the-unified-installer/

(thanks) but install falls over.
I am guessing that the problem is in the setup.cfg file with these two
lines:

library_dirs = /usr/local/openldap-2.3/lib
include_dirs = /usr/local/openldap-2.3/include /usr/include/sasl

as I am guessing they should point to directories under
/opt/Plone-3.0.4/Python-2.4.4 somewhere.

As I am a complete newbie a fuller description:
download python-ldap-2.3.1.tar.gz to /root
untar package: tar -zxvf *.tar.gz
cd python-ldap-2.3.1
$ export PATH=/opt/Plone-3.0.4/Python-2.4.4/bin:$PATH
python setup.py install
falls over here

any help appreciated

James L.