[Setup] install on vps using Lxadmin on CentOS

dirkca meyer.dirk at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 22:47:29 UTC 2008

I am trying to install on the mentioned system but having problems navigating
via command line.

I would like to use the unified installer and install as super user (stand
alone). I will have a maximum of 4 domains on the server and would like
plone to be on one of the domains.

I am trying to follow these instructions:

To install Plone 3.1 in a stand-alone (single Zope instance) configuration:

* cd to the installer directory and issue the following command:
	>> sudo ./install.sh standalone (or `su; ./install.sh standalone` on a
sudo-less system)

When I type 'ls' in my console I get no response. I don't know where to 'cd'
as I don't know where anything is.

Any help is appreciated. Will also consider paying for an install.

Thanks,

Dirk