[Setup] Clouseau gets NameErrors

kreetrapper alexander.koenig at mpi.nl
Fri Dec 5 08:03:06 UTC 2008

kreetrapper wrote:

> I've got a problem with using Clouseau and I hope this is the right
> forum/ml for this kind of question.

I forgot something:

I did a standalone installation of Plone.

And, this is probably where the problem lies, I am not root on my system.

I am trying to follow the steps in Martin Aspeli's Professional Plone
Development and while I tried to set up the testing suite he described I ran
into problems, too. I suspect that these problems may be connected somehow
and that maybe they all originate in me not being root. Could it be that
python gets confused because it is installed twice on my system, once under
~/Plone-3.1 and once under /usr?

This is the problem I run into with the test suite from Martin's book:

Input:
$ ./bin/instance test -s puma.policy
[I used "puma" instead of "optilux" but this is the only change I made to
the example]

Output:
Running tests at level 1
... [a lot of Installing messages]
Test-module import failures:

Module: puma.policy.tests.test_setup

AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'test_suite'

Total: 0 tests, 0 failures, 0 errors

Test-modules with import problems:
  puma.policy.tests.test_setup