[Setup] How to use Buildout on an existing non-buildout install

afewtips.com afewtips at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 16:36:58 UTC 2008

Hi,
I have an active Plone site and is still being developed - here is the link
in case you were wondering  http://afewtips.com http://afewtips.com .

I installed Zope without buildout. I made many modifications via the web.

Now I want to use buildout. Will it overwrite my Zope install? Do I need to
rebuild all my changes through the buildout process?

Will saving the data.fs retain the setup of things like cache settings?

And finally, I have 2 sites on the one zope server, Can I dictate which site
is affected in the buildout ?

Thanks very much.