[Setup] Re: right folder for products?

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Sat Aug 16 07:06:23 UTC 2008

On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 01:53:05 -0700, Nicolai
<Nicolai_82 at yahoo.de> wrote:

> Hi all, I haven't managed to install products from folders so far
> (egg-based
> installations do work). I'm confused about the right folder for the
> add-ons:
> /zinstance/parts/instance/Products ? /zinstance/products ?
> /Zope-2.10.6-final/skel/Products ?

The parts/ area should always be left alone, as should the Zope directory.
We're working on changing this in the Unified Installer so it's more clear.

To answer your question: zinstance/Products is the correct place to put
old-style filesystem products.

--
Alexander Limi · http://limi.net