[Setup] Using Python 2.4 & 2.5 on the same system

afewtips.com afewtips at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 11:27:39 UTC 2008

Hi,
I tried to install a ZopeSkel and start developing with a buildout, but I
couldn't ZopeSkel.

My question is whether I can use Python 2.5 as the default Python?
I am using Ubuntu 8.04 and it has both 2.4 & 2.5 installed, but 2.5 is the
linked install.

Does a tutorial for setting up an enviornment with both pythons exist?

It seemed that when I installed the easy_setup it installed into the 2.5
site-packages, and wouldn't install ZopeSkel.
I'm thinking it's a compatibility problem.

Thanks