[Setup] Troubleshooting user groups after data migration

Sebastian Schoeller sebastian.schoeller at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 09:26:00 UTC 2008

Hello all,

I have a problem concerning the automatic assignment of user groups
after data migration from one Plone installation to another.

I have undertaken the following steps:

1. Developed a plone-site in a sandbox
2. Made backup via repozo
3. Installed production site including product dependencies
4. Restored Data.fs into production site

with the following products:

*  Plone 3.1.1
* CMF 2.1.1
* Zope (Zope 2.10.6-final, python 2.4.4, linux2)
* Python 2.4.4 (#2, Apr 15 2008, 23:43:20) [GCC 4.1.2 20061115
(prerelease) (Debian 4.1.1-21)]
* PIL 1.1.5

I have the following problem:

1. AuthenticatedUsers group in plone configuration view does not show
the registered users

I have done the following checks:

1. Checked Group Manager at  /acl_users/source_groups for user group
-> Administrators, Reviewers are listed, but not AuthenticatedUsers
2. Checked  User Manager at  /acl_users/source_users for existing users
-> All users are listed
3. Checked  Group Aware Role Manager at
/acl_users/portal_role_manager for currently assigned roles
-> registered users are listed for role Member

Questions:

1. Where are plone groups being listed? /acl_users/source_groups?
2. Do I need to synchronize AuthenticatedUsers group into ZMI?
3. How to I get rid of the entire issue?

Assistance would be greatly appreciated. All the best from Germany

Sebastian Schoeller