[Setup] Re: Migration problem

Hilde T Lauvset Rafaelsen hilde.rafaelsen at cc.uit.no
Wed Aug 13 08:24:15 UTC 2008

Hi again,

I still have trouble with the migration.

My portal_action entries are empty on my new server after I have copied the
database from the old server. On the old server I have many actions defined.
How can I fix this? Must I manually copy all the actions from the old site
to the new one?

I have read the Plone-upgrade-guide several times and will try to follow the
suggestions from start to beginning. I don't know what you mean by this "One
thing to make sure you have right is that Plone is now not only files in the
Products directory, but also modules inside lib/python in your instance. If
you're using the installers, this is taken care of for you, but if you're
doing it manually, make sure the lib/python components are in the right
location"

What is the right location for the python components????

I have not used the installer so I don't know if the components are in the
right place. My zope instance is /var/lib/zope and in
/var/lib/zope/lib/python I only have the README.txt file. Is this ok? In my
zope.conf file I have this:
%define INSTANCE /var/lib/zope
%define ZOPE /usr/lib/zope

Hilde