[Setup] ?best way to upgrade from 3.0.1 to 3.1.4

Steve McMahon steve at dcn.org
Sat Aug 9 16:44:03 UTC 2008

If you haven't done anything yet, delete the old Plone installation,
download the new 3.1.4 Unified Installer, and install with it.

The 3.1.4 installer will set you up with "buildout," a configuration
management system, that will make upgrades much easier in the future. The
general upgrade procedure is documented in an upgrade text that comes with
the installer.

On Sat, Aug 9, 2008 at 5:40 AM, Dr Michael Daly <gp at holisticgp.com.au>wrote:

> Hello everyone
> I have looked at the 'Plone upgrade guide' and the guide for using the
> unified installer, but am still unclear as to the best way to upgrade from
> 3.0.1 to 3.1.4 ? I went to the ZMI and chose 'portal_migrations' but it
> says
> the site is up to date with 3.0.1.
>
> Do I again use the 'unified installer'? Since installing plone I have not
> yet done anything with it...so overwriting everything would not be a
> problem, but I would like to know the procedure
>
> Regards
> Michael

Steve McMahon
Reid-McMahon, LLC