[Setup] Re: plonegetpaid-0.6.1 plone-3.14 No traversable adapter found

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Mon Aug 4 21:52:45 UTC 2008

tonyoconnell, on 2008-08-04:
> The following error occurred while trying to extract file(s) to the Python
> egg
> cache:
>
>   [Errno 13] Permission denied:
> '/root/.python-eggs/ssl_for_setuptools-1.10-py2.4-linux-i686.egg-tmp'
>
> The Python egg cache directory is currently set to:
>
>   /root/.python-eggs
>
> Perhaps your account does not have write access to this directory?  You can
> change the cache directory by setting the PYTHON_EGG_CACHE environment
> variable to point to an accessible directory.
> ---
> I am guessing that I should probably change the cache directory, as opposed
> to changing permissions. If so, how can I do that? But I'm not sure if this
> is the solution to the problem... What do you suggest? I've attached the
> instance.log below.

In your home directory there is a .buildout directory and within it
can be a file default.cfg.  Is /root/.python-eggs mentioned there?  If
yes, then remove the line it is on.  The same for buildout.cfg if that
/root directory is mentioned there.

Perhaps something funky is going on due to some sudo or su usage.

You could do:

export PYTHON_EGG_CACHE=/home/yourname/.python-eggs

run bin/buildout and see if that helps.

            Work | http://zestsoftware.nl/