[Setup] Buildout file permissions wrong?

JimL jim.leek at eng.ox.ac.uk
Fri Aug 1 10:50:40 UTC 2008

Hi Steve,

the permissions on my opt directory are 755.

I've since looked through install.sh from the unified installer, and all the
helper scripts it calls, and (apart from adminPassword.txt and buildout.cfg)
really can't see that any permission is anything other than 755. Even the
"var" directory (containing the data.fs) appears to be 755.

Obviously adminPassword.txt and buildout.cfg need to be 600 or such as they
both contain the admin password.

I think all my problems were simply because when I ran buildout my umask was
not 022. I'll change it, and hopefully should not have any more problems.

I'm wondering if it is worth adding something about umasks to Martin's
buildout tutorial (http://plone.org/documentation/tutorial/buildout). For me
the issue proved to be a bit of a gotcha.

Many thanks for your help!

Cheers,  Jim