[Setup] Plone installation with IIS

Larry Pitcher unclelarry at inlandnet.com
Thu Sep 27 20:56:28 UTC 2007

malibu_44 wrote:
> The support link you provided, we have followed that but did not get the
> Enfold Enterprise Proxy for as we are using IIS as the proxy. Would this be
> a different setup then?

Larry,

I used to use Enfold Proxy when I worked in a Windows shop. It really
just sets up your IIS to work with Plone. It's not a separate proxy
server. It works very well and is quick to get working. Highly
recommended if you need to use IIS.

You may also want to consider using Enfold Server instead of installing
a plain Plone site. Enfold Server is set up to use your Active Directory
users and groups and it does automatic full-text indexing of your
MS-Office docs. It's well worth the money if you are using Active
Directory and MS-Office.

HTH,

--
Larry Pitcher